Terms & Conditions
1. Exclusive Photographer. The Photographer shall be the exclusive photographer retained by the Client for the purpose of photographing the event. The Client shall be permitted to photograph as long as they shall not interfere with the Photographer’s duties.
2. Deposit and Payment. The Client shall make a deposit to retain the Photographer to perform the services specified herein. At such time as this order is completed, the deposit shall be applied to reduce the total cost and Client shall pay the balance due. Balance shall be paid in full on/before the scheduled session for the service to be provided. Mini Sessions will be paid for in full at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation. If the Client shall cancel this Agreement thirty (30) or more calendar days before the event date, any deposit paid to the Photographer shall be refunded in full. If Client shall cancel within thirty (30) days of the event date and if the Photographer does not obtain another assignment for that date, liquidated damages shall be charged in a reasonable amount not to exceed the deposit.
4. Copyright and Reproductions. The Photographer shall own the copyright of all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, website, or for display within or on the outside of the Photographer’s studio.
5. Model Release. The Client hereby assigns the Photographer the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the Client or in which the Client may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising, educational and any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same without restriction. The Client releases all claim to profits that may arise from use of images.
6. Client’s Usage. The Client is obtaining prints for personal use only, and shall not sell said prints. If Client is obtaining a print/digital file for an announcement, editorial use or website usage, Photographer authorizes Client to reproduce the print in this manner. In such event, Client shall run a credit for the Photographer adjacent to the photograph. Please do not edit the original file in anyway, ie. filters.
7. Failure to Perform. If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness, then the Photographer shall return the deposit to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
8. Capture and Delivery. The Photographer is not liable to deliver every image taken at the session. The determination of images delivered to the Client is left to the discretion of the Photographer. Edited digital files will be delivered to the client within three weeks of the session date.
9. Post Production and Editing. The final post production and editing styles, effects, and overall look of the images are left to the discretion of the Photographer.